Dr. Gary’s Best Breed Holistic Large Breed Dry Dog Food is a nutritionally dense diet that’s holistically formulated for all dogs over 50 pounds. This recipe provides premium protein from chicken and menhaden fish as well as glucosamine and green-lipped sea mussels to naturally support mobility in larger dogs. Quality fiber sources, prebiotics and probiotics ensure a highly digestible food with maximum nutrient absorption, which helps large breed dogs maintain a healthy weight.
- The diet’s nutritionally-dense kibbles and highly-digestible ingredients assist in mitigating digestive upset and maximizing nutrient absorption – helping large breed dogs maintain a healthy weight.
- Prebiotics and probiotics help benefit the immune system by promoting digestive health.
- Glucosamine and the Green- Lipped Sea Mussel (perna-canaliculus) naturally support proper joint and connective tissue health The Green-Lipped Sea mussel is also rich in amino acids, chelated minerals, and fatty acids.
- Premium sources of protein from chicken, fish and eggs.
- U.S.-raised, non-GMO grains are rich in protein, carbohydrates, amino acids, and vitamins.
- Quality sources of soluble and insoluble fiber to help maintain healthy gastrointestinal functions.
- All-natural, antioxidant-rich vegetables (vitamins E and C) help maintain a strong immune system.
- The synergistic combination of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids, amino acids, and chelated minerals assists in maintaining healthy skin and promoting a vibrant coat. (Omega 6:3 are balanced for optimum performance.)
- To help ensure your dog’s nutritional safety, Best Breed pays a premium for EU-approved and U.S.-raised natural ingredients. Further, Best Breed only uses ethoxyquin-free sources of fish and chicken raised without added hormones.
- Best Breed Large Breed Diet is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages.
- Chicken and menhaden fish provide premium protein sources
- Quality fiber helps maintain gastrointestinal functions
- Probiotics and prebiotics ensure proper digestion
- Balanced ratio of omega-3 and 6 fatty acids for a vibrant coat
Chicken Meal, Oatmeal, Brown Rice, Dried Beet Pulp, Chicken Fat [Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E)], Egg Product, Pearled Barley, Brewers Dried Yeast, Menhaden Fish Meal, Natural Chicken Flavor, Lecithin, Menhaden Fish Oil, Flax Seed, Canola Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, DL Methionine, L-Lysine, Monosodium Phosphate, Salt, Cranberry, Alfalfa Meal, New Zealand Sea Mussel, Ascorbic Acid, Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS), Glucosamine, Garlic Powder, Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product Dehydrated, Kelp Meal, Vitamin E Supplement, Biotin, Niacin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Citric Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate.
|Crude Protein (Minimum) ……………………………..||25.0%|
|Crude Fat (Minimum) ……………………………………||13.0%|
|Crude Fiber (Maximum) ……………………………….||4.5%|
|Moisture (Maximum) …………………………………….||10.0%|
Contains 456 Kcal per cup ME (metabolizable energy) and 4.1 oz. of food per standard 8 oz. measuring cup.
|FOR SMALL BREEDS (Cups Per Day)**|
|Body Weight (lbs.)
|| 6 to 11 Weeks
|| 3 to 4 Months
|| 5 to 7 Months
|| 8 to 12 Months
|Up to 10||1 to 1-3/4||3/4 to 1-1/3||2/3 to 1-1/4||1/4 to 1|
|11 to 20||1-3/4 to 2-2/3||1-1/3 to 2-1/3||1-1/4 to 1-3/4||1 to 1-1/3|
|21 to 30||2-2/3 to 3-2/3||2-1/3 to 3||1-3/4 to 2-1/4||1-1/3 to 1-3/4|
|31 to 40||3-2/3 to 4-1/2||3 to 3-2/3||2-1/4 to 2-3/4||1-3/4 to 2-1/4|
|41 to 50||4-1/2 to 5-1/4||3-2/3 to 4-1/4||2-3/4 to 3-1/2||2-1/4 to 2-3/4|
|FOR LARGE BREEDS (Cups Per Day)**|
|Body Weight (lbs.)
||6 to 11 Weeks
||3 to 4 Months
||5 to 7 Months
||8 to 12 Months
||12 to 24 Months
|Up to 20||1 to 3|
|21 to 40||3 to 4-1/2||1-1/2 to
|1-3/4 to 3|
|41 to 60||4-1/2 to 5||4-1/4 to
|3 to 4||2 to 3-1/4||2 to 3|
|61 to 80||5-1/3 to 7||4 to 4-3/4||3-1/4 to 3-3/4||3 to 3-1/2|
|81 to 100||4-3/4 to 5-1/2||3-3/4 to 4-1/2||3-1/2 to 4-1/2|
|101 to 120||5-1/2 to 6||4-1/2 to 5-1/4||4-1/2 to 5|
|121 to 140||6 to 7||5-1/4 to 6||5 to 6|
** 1 cup equals approximately 121 grams of food.
Note: This is only a guide. Optimal feeding amounts may vary based on your puppy’s activity level, age, breed and environment.