Dr. Gary’s Best Breed Holistic Senior Reduced Calorie Dry Dog Food has nutritionally dense kibbles that naturally promote the health and happiness of senior and overweight dogs. This formula helps maintain optimal condition of older dogs as their metabolism slows and activity level decreases. Its reduced calorie level is also excellent for overweight and less active dogs. The Senior Dog Diet will benefit all sizes of adult dogs.
- Reduced calorie and fat levels help mature dogs maintain optimal weight as their metabolism slows and activity levels decrease and overweight dogs reduce the buildup of body fat and maintain leaner muscle mass.
- Made with the highest quality sources of meats, grains and fats to aid in easy digestion and maximum nutrient absorption.
- Healthy, non-GMO grains, including brown rice, oatmeal, and sorghum.
- Natural antioxidants, including vitamin E and beta-carotene, support a strong immune system.
- Healthy fiber from beet pulp, a moderately fermentable source of soluble and insoluble fiber, helps promote healthy gastrointestinal functions and more consistently solid stools.
- Glucosamine and the Green- Lipped Sea Mussel (perna-canaliculus) naturally support proper joint and connective tissue health The Green-Lipped Sea mussel is also rich in amino acids, chelated minerals, and fatty acids.
- Balanced ratio of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, including linoleic acid, nurture healthy skin and promote a vibrant coat.
- To help ensure your dog’s nutritional safety, Best Breed pays a premium for EU-approved and U.S.-raised natural ingredients. Further, Best Breed only uses ethoxyquin-free sources of fish and chicken raised without added hormones.
- Best Breed Senior Dog Diet is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for maintenance.
- Veterinarian-developed holistic nutrition
- Provides balanced nutrition for senior and overweight dogs
- Chicken and menhaden fish provide premium protein sources
- Vitamin E and beta-carotene support a strong immune system
- Glucosamine and green-lipped sea mussels support joint health
Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Sorghum, Dried Beet Pulp, Tomato Pomace, Chicken Fat [Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E)], Brewers Dried Yeast, Natural Flavor, Flax Seed, Menhaden Fish Meal, Calcium Carbonate, Lecithin, Kelp Meal, Sea Salt, Dried Skimmed Milk, Canola Oil, Menhaden Fish Oil, Potassium Chloride, DL Methionine, L-Lysine, New Zealand Sea Mussel, Glucosamine, Garlic Powder, Vitamin E Supplement, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Niacin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Citric Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate.
|Crude Protein (Minimum) ……………………………..||21.0%|
|Crude Fat (Minimum) ……………………………………||7.0%|
|Crude Fat (Maximum) …………………………………..||9.0%|
|Crude Fiber (Maximum) ……………………………….||4.5%|
|Moisture (Maximum) …………………………………….||10.0%|
Contains 371 Kcal per cup ME (metabolizable energy) and 3.9 oz. of food per standard 8 oz. measuring cup.
|FOR SMALL BREEDS (Cups Per Day)**|
|Body Weight (lbs.)
|| 6 to 11 Weeks
|| 3 to 4 Months
|| 5 to 7 Months
|| 8 to 12 Months
|Up to 10||1 to 1-3/4||3/4 to 1-1/3||2/3 to 1-1/4||1/4 to 1|
|11 to 20||1-3/4 to 2-2/3||1-1/3 to 2-1/3||1-1/4 to 1-3/4||1 to 1-1/3|
|21 to 30||2-2/3 to 3-2/3||2-1/3 to 3||1-3/4 to 2-1/4||1-1/3 to 1-3/4|
|31 to 40||3-2/3 to 4-1/2||3 to 3-2/3||2-1/4 to 2-3/4||1-3/4 to 2-1/4|
|41 to 50||4-1/2 to 5-1/4||3-2/3 to 4-1/4||2-3/4 to 3-1/2||2-1/4 to 2-3/4|
|FOR LARGE BREEDS (Cups Per Day)**|
|Body Weight (lbs.)
||6 to 11 Weeks
||3 to 4 Months
||5 to 7 Months
||8 to 12 Months
||12 to 24 Months
|Up to 20||1 to 3|
|21 to 40||3 to 4-1/2||1-1/2 to
|1-3/4 to 3|
|41 to 60||4-1/2 to 5||4-1/4 to
|3 to 4||2 to 3-1/4||2 to 3|
|61 to 80||5-1/3 to 7||4 to 4-3/4||3-1/4 to 3-3/4||3 to 3-1/2|
|81 to 100||4-3/4 to 5-1/2||3-3/4 to 4-1/2||3-1/2 to 4-1/2|
|101 to 120||5-1/2 to 6||4-1/2 to 5-1/4||4-1/2 to 5|
|121 to 140||6 to 7||5-1/4 to 6||5 to 6|
** 1 cup equals approximately 121 grams of food.
Note: This is only a guide. Optimal feeding amounts may vary based on your puppy’s activity level, age, breed and environment.