Dr. Gary’s Best Breed Holistic Chicken with Vegetables & Herbs Dry Dog Food is an all-natural food that’s holistically formulated for dogs of all life stages and activity levels. This unique recipe begins with chicken and duck and includes probiotics for better nutrient absorption. Wholesome carrots, spinach, celery, beets and herbs round out the meal to provide immune system support with antioxidants and essential vitamins.
- Made with all-natural, hormone-free chicken and duck, rich in the essential amino acids needed for building and maintaining lean muscle mass.
- All-natural, antioxidant-rich vegetables, including carrots, spinach, celery and garlic, help maintain a strong immune system and assist in protecting cells from free radicals.
- Rich in omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids for healthy skin and a vibrant coat. (Omega 6:3 are balanced for optimum performance.)
- Herbs, including rosemary, thyme, cumin, mustard seed and red chili pepper, added for holistic health.
- Glucosamine and the Green- Lipped Sea Mussel (perna-canaliculus) naturally support proper joint and connective tissue health The Green-Lipped Sea mussel is also rich in amino acids, chelated minerals, and fatty acids.
- Non-GMO brown rice, millet and barley are highly-digestible and wholesome sources of protein, carbohydrates and fiber.
- Probiotics or “friendly bacteria” assist in nutrient absorption and help facilitate proper digestion.
- To help ensure your dog’s nutritional safety, Best Breed pays a premium for EU-approved and U.S.-raised natural ingredients. Further, Best Breed only uses ethoxyquin-free sources of fish and chicken raised without added hormones.
- Best Breed Chicken with Vegetables & Herbs Formula is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages.
- Made with high-quality chicken and duck
- Antioxidant-rich vegetables support immune system health while probiotics assist in nutrient absorption and digestion
- Glucosamine and green-lipped sea mussels support joint health
- Balanced ratio of omega-3 and 6 fatty acids for a vibrant coat
Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Millet, Pearled Barley, Duck Meal, Canola Oil, Carrots, Celery, Beets, Parsley, Lettuce, Water Crest, Spinach, Chicken Fat [Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E)], Tomato Pomace, Natural Chicken Flavor, Ground Flax Seed, Menhaden Fish Oil, Lecithin, Calcium Carbonate, Kelp Meal, New Zealand Sea Mussel, Salt, Potassium Chloride, D/L Methionine, Rosemary Powder, Ground Thyme, Ground Cumin, Mustard Seed Powder, Crushed Red Chili Pepper, Choline Chloride, Lactobacillus Acidophilus Fermentation Product Dehydrated, L-Lysine, L-Carnitine, Vitamin E Supplement, Glucosamine, Ascorbic Acid, Biotin, Niacin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Citric Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate.
|Crude Protein (Minimum) ……………………………||26.0%|
|Crude Fat (Minimum) ………………………………….||15.0%|
|Crude Fiber (Maximum) ……………………………..||4.0%|
|Moisture (Maximum) …………………………………..||10.0%|
Contains 468 Kcal per cup ME (metabolizable energy) and 4.0 oz. of food per standard 8 oz. measuring cup.
|FOR SMALL BREEDS (Cups Per Day)**|
|Body Weight (lbs.)
|| 6 to 11 Weeks
|| 3 to 4 Months
|| 5 to 7 Months
|| 8 to 12 Months
|Up to 10||1 to 1-3/4||3/4 to 1-1/3||2/3 to 1-1/4||1/4 to 1|
|11 to 20||1-3/4 to 2-2/3||1-1/3 to 2-1/3||1-1/4 to 1-3/4||1 to 1-1/3|
|21 to 30||2-2/3 to 3-2/3||2-1/3 to 3||1-3/4 to 2-1/4||1-1/3 to 1-3/4|
|31 to 40||3-2/3 to 4-1/2||3 to 3-2/3||2-1/4 to 2-3/4||1-3/4 to 2-1/4|
|41 to 50||4-1/2 to 5-1/4||3-2/3 to 4-1/4||2-3/4 to 3-1/2||2-1/4 to 2-3/4|
|FOR LARGE BREEDS (Cups Per Day)**|
|Body Weight (lbs.)
||6 to 11 Weeks
||3 to 4 Months
||5 to 7 Months
||8 to 12 Months
||12 to 24 Months
|Up to 20||1 to 3|
|21 to 40||3 to 4-1/2||1-1/2 to
|1-3/4 to 3|
|41 to 60||4-1/2 to 5||4-1/4 to
|3 to 4||2 to 3-1/4||2 to 3|
|61 to 80||5-1/3 to 7||4 to 4-3/4||3-1/4 to 3-3/4||3 to 3-1/2|
|81 to 100||4-3/4 to 5-1/2||3-3/4 to 4-1/2||3-1/2 to 4-1/2|
|101 to 120||5-1/2 to 6||4-1/2 to 5-1/4||4-1/2 to 5|
|121 to 140||6 to 7||5-1/4 to 6||5 to 6|
** 1 cup equals approximately 121 grams of food.
Note: This is only a guide. Optimal feeding amounts may vary based on your puppy’s activity level, age, breed and environment.