Dr. Gary’s Best Breed Holistic Field Dry Dog Food is a nutritionally dense diet that’s holistically formulated for active field dogs like Labrador and golden retrievers, hounds and setters. Premium chicken protein and wholesome grains deliver sustainable energy for field dogs that tend to burn calories at a faster rate than other breeds. This specialized recipe also promotes healthy bone and muscle development and helps maintain mobility and proper joint health for dogs that were bred to be diligent hunters.
- The nutritionally-dense kibbles give active dogs the proper nutrition they need for maintaining an ideal weight and energy level.
- Readily-available energy from wholesome sources, including chicken fat and canola oil, maximizes stamina and performance.
- The synergistic combination of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids, amino acids and chelated minerals assists in maintaining healthy skin and promoting a vibrant coat. (Omega 6:3 are balanced for optimum performance.)
- Wholesome sources of carbohydrates from highly-digestible grains, including brown rice and oatmeal, help maintain proper blood sugar levels for sustainable energy.
- Glucosamine and the Green- Lipped Sea Mussel (perna-canaliculus) naturally support proper joint and connective tissue health. The Green-Lipped Sea Mussel is also rich in amino acids, chelated minerals, and fatty acids.
- To help ensure your dog’s nutritional safety, Best Breed pays a premium for EU-approved natural ingredients. Further, Best Breed only uses ethoxyquin-free sources of fish and chicken raised without antibiotics and added hormones.
- Best Breed Field Dog Diet is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by the AAFCO (Association of American Feed Control Officials) Dog Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages. This formula will benefit dogs of all sizes and life stages (puppy through senior).
- Veterinarian-developed holistic nutrition provides balanced nutrition and sustained energy for field dogs
- Glucosamine and green-lipped sea mussels support joint health
- Essential vitamins support immune system health
- Balanced ratio of omega-3 and 6 fatty acids for a vibrant coat
- No corn, wheat, gluten meal artificial preservatives, flavors or colors
Chicken Meal, Brown Rice, Oatmeal, Dried Beet Pulp, Chicken Fat [Preserved with Natural Mixed Tocopherols (Vitamin E)], Egg Product, Brewers Dried Yeast, Natural Chicken Flavor, Menhaden Fish Meal, Lecithin, Menhaden Fish Oil, Kelp Meal, Sea Salt, Flax Seed, Canola Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Potassium Chloride, L-Lysine, New Zealand Sea Mussel, DL Methionine, Ascorbic Acid, Glucosamine, Garlic Powder, Vitamin E Supplement, Biotin, Niacin Supplement, d-Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin A Acetate, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Citric Acid, Vitamin D3 Supplement, Folic Acid, Potassium Chloride, Ferrous Sulfate, Zinc Sulfate, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Zinc Oxide, Copper Sulfate, Manganese Sulfate, Manganese Proteinate, Copper Proteinate, Manganous Oxide, Sodium Selenite, Calcium Iodate.
|Crude Protein (Minimum) ……………………………..||28.0%|
|Crude Fat (Minimum) ……………………………………||13.0%|
|Crude Fiber (Maximum) ……………………………….||3.0%|
|Moisture (Maximum) …………………………………….||10.0%|
Contains 466 Kcal per cup ME (metabolizable energy) and 4.3 oz. of food per standard 8 oz. measuring cup.
|FOR SMALL BREEDS (Cups Per Day)**|
|Body Weight (lbs.)
|| 6 to 11 Weeks
|| 3 to 4 Months
|| 5 to 7 Months
|| 8 to 12 Months
|Up to 10||1 to 1-3/4||3/4 to 1-1/3||2/3 to 1-1/4||1/4 to 1|
|11 to 20||1-3/4 to 2-2/3||1-1/3 to 2-1/3||1-1/4 to 1-3/4||1 to 1-1/3|
|21 to 30||2-2/3 to 3-2/3||2-1/3 to 3||1-3/4 to 2-1/4||1-1/3 to 1-3/4|
|31 to 40||3-2/3 to 4-1/2||3 to 3-2/3||2-1/4 to 2-3/4||1-3/4 to 2-1/4|
|41 to 50||4-1/2 to 5-1/4||3-2/3 to 4-1/4||2-3/4 to 3-1/2||2-1/4 to 2-3/4|
|FOR LARGE BREEDS (Cups Per Day)**|
|Body Weight (lbs.)
||6 to 11 Weeks
||3 to 4 Months
||5 to 7 Months
||8 to 12 Months
||12 to 24 Months
|Up to 20||1 to 3|
|21 to 40||3 to 4-1/2||1-1/2 to
|1-3/4 to 3|
|41 to 60||4-1/2 to 5||4-1/4 to
|3 to 4||2 to 3-1/4||2 to 3|
|61 to 80||5-1/3 to 7||4 to 4-3/4||3-1/4 to 3-3/4||3 to 3-1/2|
|81 to 100||4-3/4 to 5-1/2||3-3/4 to 4-1/2||3-1/2 to 4-1/2|
|101 to 120||5-1/2 to 6||4-1/2 to 5-1/4||4-1/2 to 5|
|121 to 140||6 to 7||5-1/4 to 6||5 to 6|
** 1 cup equals approximately 121 grams of food.
Note: This is only a guide. Optimal feeding amounts may vary based on your puppy’s activity level, age, breed and environment.